You can read about how to get re-tweeted by Dave over at HR Official and chew the fat with Lyn about the synergies of Twitter and bacon over at The Bacon Hut. (Get it? Chew the fat?)
Why do I tweet thee?
- You re-tweeted something of mine – If you’re nice enough to RT something of mine I’ll try to RT something of yours.
- You wrote or tweeted something really good – Re-tweeting is the next best thing to having written it myself.
- I think I can use the information – I re-tweet it it so I can find it again later under my profile.
- You support one of my pet theories or causes – That’s pretty self-explanatory, right?
- You make an argument I hadn’t considered – This one’s my favorite.
- You’re funny – I love funny.
- I like you – You read my blog, RT my tweets and/or write amazing stuff of your own so I check in with you regularly.
- I want to encourage you – I just feel like giving you a pat on the back. In a good way.
- You came up with the perfect title – Good titles should be encouraged.
- You asked me to – I’ll usually RT or comment at least once when people ask me to.