- Use what you have – Don’t have a dollhouse? Use a shoe box!
- Don’t be afraid to use stuff in a new way – Ignore that nice stable mommy bought you for your toy horses, make your own using a bead necklace.
- Be insatiably curious – Enough said.
- Make time to play – As Mary Poppins taught us, the potential for fun lurks where you least expect it.
- Always be closing – Children are born negotiators. It never hurts to ask. And ask again. And again.
- Shake it off – So you got egg all over the kitchen counter, that shouldn’t stop you from knowing you can break the eggs perfectly next time.
- Don’t stereotype or judge – Everyone is a potential friend, playmate or someone to help you paint your wall with fingernail polish.
Be in the moment - The place is here. The time is now.